[Ovmsdev] Vehicle Feature List wiki page

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sat Aug 4 14:48:50 HKT 2018

Robin,

Am 03.08.2018 um 10:32 schrieb Robin O'Leary:
> I'm not sure what happens if the modem GPS is enabled on a vehicle that
> can provide its own position information.  Is one preferred over the
> other, or do they fight over which one reported most recently?  Either
> way, maybe it deserves a mention in the "GPS/GNSS Antenna" section?

There is no priorization on the GPS source other than enabling/disabling the modem GPS.

If a vehicle wants to support both car and modem, it shall check config modem/enable.gps (and modem/enable.gpstime) and suppress the car data while the modem is
enabled.

The vehicle can also require and release the modem GPS dynamically by sending the events

  * vehicle.require.gps
  * vehicle.require.gpstime
  * vehicle.release.gps
  * vehicle.release.gpstime