[Ovmsdev] SIMCom diagnostics

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Aug 22 16:29:05 HKT 2018

> You need to use muxtx when in mux mode.

Yes.

> I'm not 100% sure what muxtx does not in mux mode.

Bad things. Probably an unrecognised command (or perhaps a crash).

> Obviously smashing all of that into one metric isn't a great thing to do, and probably not all of it is needed in metrics? The cell identifier, protocol and frequency look useful. Simcom's documentation for this says

It does look like useful information, and trivial to process.

Perhaps two metrics:

One for the common stuff (<System Mode>,<Operation Mode>,<MCC>-<MNC><LAC>,<Cell ID>) - perhaps formatted nicely
Another for the per-protocol stuff (the remainder of the line, raw)

> I also discovered that the modem is not stable powered by USB on my desk. It disconnects from the cell network or reboots every few minutes. It has been stable for many hours since I turned the 13.5V power supply back on.

Yes, that is very common. Need a powered USB hub.

Regards, Mark.