[Ovmsdev] Lost configuration

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Fri Aug 17 16:13:01 HKT 2018

On 13/08/18 08:52, Michael Balzer wrote:

> I've copied Marks info on retrieving the flash image from this mailing list to the developer manual:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q5M9Lb5jzQhJzPMnkMKwy4Es5YK12ACQejX_NWEixr0/edit#heading=h.o79tlr919yab
>
> You can also do an fsck run on the image and write back the (hopefully salvaged) image.

Thanks for fishing that out for me. I found that my flash is badly
corrupted. Linux doesn't log an error mounting it, but there is one
empty file with a malformed name in the ovms_config directory. fsck.vfat
complains about some stuff and renames that file but does not recover
the data.

Using strings I see that one copy of the configuration is still present
so the image is not totally erased but the filesystem has been corrupted.

I have a backup (a bunch of commands in a txt file to paste into the
console) so I did the full erase and set things up again. It has been
operating normally for the 24 hours or so since.