[Ovmsdev] How do I report a HW issue at Espressif?

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Aug 8 21:23:14 HKT 2018

I don’t think Espressif will help once the module has been put in a device/board. They’ve probably just direct you back to the supplier.

Anyway, let’s just confirm we don’t have another issue causing this (either corrupt firmware, or power issues):

Please power the device either from a powered USB hub, or from 12V. Best to also disconnect the modem board if you can. Then:

Please try to erase the chip, then re-flash from the standard firmware here:

$ make erase_flash

http://api.openvehicles.com/firmware/ota/v3.1/main/20180321.bootloader.bin <http://api.openvehicles.com/firmware/ota/v3.1/main/20180321.bootloader.bin>
http://api.openvehicles.com/firmware/ota/v3.1/main/20180321.partitions.bin <http://api.openvehicles.com/firmware/ota/v3.1/main/20180321.partitions.bin>
http://api.openvehicles.com/firmware/ota/v3.1/main/3.1.008.ovms3.bin <http://api.openvehicles.com/firmware/ota/v3.1/main/3.1.008.ovms3.bin>

… --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 40m --flash_size detect 0x1000 <BOOTLOADER> 0x10000 <BIN> 0x8000 <PARTITIONS>

Reboot without a SD card in the slot and show me the output.

Also, please give the output of:

$ ~/esp/esp-idf/components/esptool_py/esptool/espefuse.py … summary
$ ~/esp/esp-idf/components/esptool_py/esptool/espefuse.py … dump

Regards, Mark.