[Ovmsdev] Extending the information shown in the app and on dashboard

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Wed Aug 8 14:40:30 HKT 2018

Nikolay,

Am 06.08.2018 um 21:59 schrieb Nikolay Shishkov:
> I am looking at ways to communicated some status data that would be helpful to the driver of the Think.
> Stuff like:
>  - estimated time to charge to 100%
>  - average kwh/km for a trip (or maybe even lifetime?)
>  - min, avg, max cell values for cars with lithium packs
>  - maybe even a bar graphs that show all cell voltages and temperatures
>  - possibility to run simple diagnostics - like show error codes, send error codes to e-mail, reset error codes
>  - producing/sharing a log of trips with essential data (distance, kwh used, and some stats - speed, kW, temperatures)
>
> I can see some very interesting stuff in the dashboard, and some of the pages for Twizy and Kia... and would appreciate some ideas on how to implement some of
> these.
> For example estimated time to end of charge is something I would like to be visible in the app, while diagnostics could be enough to be a web page.
> What is the easiest or the best way to extend the information shown in the app? In the simplest possible way - no graphics, just a list a name and value?

The web UI is easy to extend, as it's all in the module and common for all clients. All metrics are in the websocket stream and mirrored in the browser in the
javascript object "metrics". I yet need to write some documentation on the web framework, but I think it's pretty easy to understand and use by looking at the
existing pages.

Adding some hook for simple dashboard extensions is on my list (issue #89). Charge time estimations and trip average consumption are general candidates for the
dashboard.

Regarding the trip log, have a look at OvmsVehicleRenaultTwizy::SendTripLog(), that's my implementation of this feature. It logs all trips and charges
(including charge phases) on the server with 365 days hold time.

Adding to the Apps needs a bit more effort, especially as Android and iOS are separate developments. The Android App has a shell, so you can access all shell
commands and provide textual info easily by implementing custom commands. It also displays charge time estimations and has some extended charts for battery cell
diagnostics and trip power/energy. Those are currently tailored to the Twizy record structures, but can be the base for general functions.