[Ovmsdev] PCAP CAN bus dump

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sat Apr 28 11:08:50 HKT 2018

Greg,

All good now.

I wanted to support another format (binary) in the hopes that speed could improve (CRTD involves a lot of conversion), but really not impressed with the PCAP format - takes 24 bytes to store 1 CAN frame (which is almost the same as CRTD in a textually readable format. Haven’t done any speed tests yet.

Are there any other standard CAN dump/log formats in popular use out there? I seem to remember some Nissan Leaf dumps out in the wild in some binary format, but never found out how to read them.

Is this can-do?
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=6088

But it seems a weirdly over-complex format, with no support for extended IDs (or at least as documented there)?

Regards, Mark