[Ovmsdev] openssh 6.7 cipher aes128-cbc

Robin O'Leary ovmsdev at caederus.org
Fri Apr 27 17:13:21 HKT 2018

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 11:33:46PM -0700, Stephen Casner wrote:
> The use case is not so much debugging the internals of wolfssh, rather
> diagnosing incompatibilities between clients and the the wolfssh
> server.  Enabling DEBUG_WOLFSSH basically compiles in more log
> statements, but those don't print unless "log level debug wolfssh" is
> entered.

At least for the specific problem with cipher algorithm choice that
at least two people (including me) have encountered, a better solution
would be to avoid having to resort to debug mode at all by giving that
condition its own unique error code that could be returned to the caller.
With the additional reporting you have already added, I guess there'd
be a clear message logged somewhere---and maybe reported back to the
connecting client?

I would still be good to have a working menu config option to define
DEBUG_WOLFSSH where it really is necessary to dig deeper.