[Ovmsdev] openssh 6.7 cipher aes128-cbc

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Fri Apr 27 14:33:46 HKT 2018

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:

> >> It would be good to have a menu config option to define DEBUG_WOLFSSH.
> >
> > I think the only penalty for enabling it always is an increase in code
> > size, ssuming the "_impure_ptr" is fixed in some way.  I asked Mark if
> > that would be reasonable to enable always.
>
> I guess it depends on how much bigger. Debugging the internals of
> wolfssh is seemingly a rare occurence? Perhaps a menuconfig option
> (in Components / OVMS / Developer Options) would make sense?

In my build configuration, the size with debug is 1786672, without
1772400, difference 14272.

The use case is not so much debugging the internals of wolfssh, rather
diagnosing incompatibilities between clients and the the wolfssh
server.  Enabling DEBUG_WOLFSSH basically compiles in more log
statements, but those don't print unless "log level debug wolfssh" is
entered.

                                                        -- Steve