[Ovmsdev] Memory leak

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Tue Apr 24 08:56:03 HKT 2018

On Sun, 22 Apr 2018, Michael Balzer wrote:

> The effect of (a) is the modem only answers "ERROR" to the
> +CGDATA="PPP" command. I have tried different commands to reset the
> internal state, but it was stuck, only a power cycle could solve
> this. I have added an automatic power cycle for this situation, but
> it didn't occur again yet.

My modem has been in the powered-off state for quite some time because
I have only been testing on the bench where I have wifi connectivity.
Today I installed the module in my Roadster to test some metrics as
requested by Greg, and when I plugged it in I saw the blue modem light
come on.  After I did my test and removed the module to bring it back
in and connect to my laptop, the blue light is still on.  About every
20 seconds I see this cycle repeating:

I (43342) simcom: State timeout, transition to 1
I (43342) simcom: State: Enter CheckPowerOff state
I (54352) simcom: State: Enter PoweringOff state
I (54352) gsm-ppp: Shutdown (direct)
I (54352) gsm-nmea: Shutdown (direct)
I (54352) simcom: Power Cycle
I (54352) netmanager: Interface priority is st1 (192.168.1.84/255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.254)

A command "simcom setstate PoweredOff" is not effective.

                                                        -- Steve