[Ovmsdev] It's Here!

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sat Apr 14 22:09:40 HKT 2018

> The unit looks really nice, though it seems that the top shell is a tad
> too wide and overlaps the bottom piece by nearly a mm on one corner.

The enclosures are injection moulded, so should be pretty accurate on tolerances. Is it affecting the ability to close the case for you? Or just a slight bulge?

> adhesive on the flap of the padded envelope.

Yeah, the padded envelope is not amazing. It offers protection, but the glue can get everywhere. At least it is easy to remove.

For future production runs, we’re thinking of switching to a cut-out foam box like this. It costs a little bit more, but seems a much better solution.

> My intent is to play "customer" with this unit, only using officially
> released code, updated through typical methods (i.e. not via the
> developer's kit) unless I need to do otherwise.

That would be very helpful.

Regards, Mark.