[Ovmsdev] changes.txt

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Thu Apr 12 00:13:41 HKT 2018

Mark,

I would reduce this much further to:

????-??-?? ???  ???????  OTA release
- Tesla Model S: Support v.bat.soc, v.pos.speed and park/drive status metrics

This is IMO the only change from the current log a normal user needs to know about.

The SD card configuration is on the edge, I would remove that entry from the user info as well, as a normal user will (should) not need to touch these configs:

- SD CARD: Provide configurable sdcard parameters:
    sdcard [maxfreq.khz] = 16000         Maximum frequency (in kHz) of SD CARD bus
    sdcard [automount] = yes             Automatically mount SD CARD on insertion

The DebugCrash records info is also on the edge, I would now also remove that from the changes file as no normal user can make use of that info:

- Boot: store & send crash debug info (*-OVM-DebugCrash records)

The remaining changes are bug fixes or internal stuff no user needs to know, only developers:

- Wifi: Increase scan responsiveness (60 seconds -> 10, on first scan)
- Server v2: Introduce a 50ms delay between setting charge mode and current in same command
- Core: Changes to housekeeping and events tasks to move event delivery and housekeeping actions
  to the event task (removing housekeeping task)
- Core: Enable watchdogs for production builds
- SD CARD: Reliability improvements to SD CARD auto-mounting on insertion
- Core: Introduce protection for thread safety while logging, to workaround ESP IDF bug
  https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/issues/1837

All this can be reduced to a single line "lots of bug fixes and optimizations".

Am I too radical on this?