[Ovmsdev] Lessons learnt, production batch #2 and onwards

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Tue Apr 24 09:55:50 HKT 2018

I would at least like to give the user the opportunity to choose from a list. Trying hard to reduce the chance of error, and typing in SSIDs is error-prone.

We can also give the option of ‘custom’ to enter their own manually.

Chances are, if the user has hidden their SSID then they know enough to be fairly technically savvy (but not enough to know that it is a waste of time and offers practically no extra protection over a visible SSID). Actually, probably a pretty good indicator of technical competence of the user ;-)

Regards, Mark.