[Ovmsdev] openssh 6.7 cipher aes128-cbc

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Sat Apr 21 14:39:18 HKT 2018

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018, Robin O'Leary wrote:

> OK, so that started me on quite an adventure in to compiler errors
> and git submodules,

Sorry, did my commit of an update to mongoose trip you up?  Perhaps I
should configure in the debug code for wolfssh and wolfssl by default
so the extra logging can be enabled whenever it is needed.

Mark, that would consume a bit more code space, would that be a
problem?

> but the upshot is that wolfssh only supports
> cipher aes128-cbc and openssh now has this disabled by default.

WolfSSH also supports aes128-ctr and aes128-gcm, but I was warned that
the latter is much more expensive in speed and memory, so I excluded
it from the configuration for compilation.

                                                        -- Steve