[Ovmsdev] Fwd: [openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3] 29e333: Issue #36: Add support for ota/tag in config

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Apr 16 09:40:28 HKT 2018

The original idea was to have these as release tags that users could subscribe to. The factory firmware we have has everyone as ‘main’, so that one is hard to change.

I did consider ‘alpha’, but it just looked strange to me.

The idea is that ‘edge’ will be an automated (at least) nightly build.

I think there is room for one more like Tesla’s ‘early access program’ (pre-release candidates that should be stable but have not had widescale testing). So, my overall suggestion is for something like:

main
eap
edge

Steve’s alternative would be:

main
beta
alpha

Other than ‘main’, these are simple to change. Happy to go with the consensus...

Regards, Mark.