[Ovmsdev] It's Here!

Greg D. gregd2350 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 06:49:33 HKT 2018

Hi Mark,

The 3.1 module arrived in today's mail.  I haven't plugged it in yet,
but two "unboxing" observations...

The unit looks really nice, though it seems that the top shell is a tad
too wide and overlaps the bottom piece by nearly a mm on one corner.
And, not evenly, at that; it's like the corner by the Vehicle connector
got stretched a bit outward (or the other half pushed inward).  The
other two sides are all pretty evenly matched.  The 3.0 proto unit was
not like this.  {shrug}

Also, the two SMA dust caps seemed to have had some reaction with the
adhesive on the flap of the padded envelope.  They were stuck to the
flap, pulled away from the connectors (so, not much dust protection),
and the adhesive on the flap seemed to be very gooey in that area.  The
caps seemed to have been more or less unaffected, so it's more of a
cosmetic issue.  Perhaps they could point the module in the other
direction (SMA end first), to prevent this in the future?

My intent is to play "customer" with this unit, only using officially
released code, updated through typical methods (i.e. not via the
developer's kit) unless I need to do otherwise.  I've got some
short-term distractions through the weekend, but will take it out for a
spin next week.

Greg