[Ovmsdev] OBDII ECU Documentation, and a request for help

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Apr 4 11:51:55 HKT 2018

In all the cars I’ve looked at, signal and chassis ground are connected (and at multiple points in the car).

As we don’t have chassis ground to the OVMS module, it is not possible to pass it on to the HUD/dongle. Best we can do is signal ground (which should be connected to chassis ground upstream).

That’s my thinking, anyway.

Regards, Mark.