[Ovmsdev] V3 CAN frames missing last four data bytes

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Fri Oct 27 15:04:47 HKT 2017

DBC does seem an acceptable format. Ugly as hell, though.

A couple of references I found:

https://github.com/stefanhoelzl/CANpy/blob/master/docs/DBC_Specification.md <https://github.com/stefanhoelzl/CANpy/blob/master/docs/DBC_Specification.md>
http://www.socialledge.com/sjsu/index.php?title=DBC_Format <http://www.socialledge.com/sjsu/index.php?title=DBC_Format>

I also found a 2007 protocol document, but not sure if that is supposed to be shareable.

And then there is CAN babel (as you mentioned). Urgh, java…

https://github.com/julietkilo/CANBabel <https://github.com/julietkilo/CANBabel>

Here’s KCD:

https://github.com/julietkilo/kcd <https://github.com/julietkilo/kcd>

Anyway, this for ‘down the road’. Let’s put it aside for now.

Regards, Mark.