[Ovmsdev] V3 progress

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Mon Oct 9 17:08:28 HKT 2017

On 09/10/17 09:53, HONDA S-2000 wrote:

> What are the specific advantages of having boolean "objects" as opposed to standard C bit fields? The compiler can certainly emit more efficient code for bit fields.

Individual dirty tracking and being able to access all the metrics
through the same interface. a special case. In principal this could be
done while storing the values in a set of bit fields, though I don' t
know the best way to do so in C++. The OVMS v2's bitfield accessors were
nice and presented basically the same interface as the other types, but
none of those did dirty tracking.