[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3 getting started

mr23 at comcast.net mr23 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 5 08:00:57 HKT 2017

I don't have the circuit handy.Does the sdcard chip and processor chip have filter caps and stabilization caps (for current draw surge)?
------ Original message------From: Stephen CasnerDate: Wed, Oct 4, 2017 6:51 PMTo: OVMS Developers;Cc: Subject:Re: [Ovmsdev] OVMS v3 getting started
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:

> I’m having problems getting SD CARDs to work reliably. Some work
> recognise at all (a timeout error when mounting), and some will
> recognise but fail under heavy writes to the sd card. Frustrating as
> hell. I don’t think it is a hardware issue (even the googling that
> error message points to pull-up resistors as the culprit), but
> suspect some issue with the ESP IDF 2.1 library we are using. We’re
> working on this one at the moment. I would appreciate your feedback,
> when you get the boards, as to whether you get any success with SD
> CARDs.

I have a SanDisk Ultra 32GB micro SD card left over from playing with
a Raspberry Pi.  It is formatted FAT32 with name RECOVERY.  When I
insert it into the OVMS v3 and try the sd mount command, I get:

OVMS > sd mount
Error: SD CARD could not be mounted
E (75093) sdmmc_cmd: sdmmc_card_init: send_scr returned 0x107

                                                        -- Steve