[Ovmsdev] V3 CAN frames missing last four data bytes

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Fri Oct 27 18:29:21 HKT 2017

DBC is being used by comma.ai see https://github.com/commaai/opendbc

> Here’s KCD:
>
>     https://github.com/julietkilo/kcd

I've been documenting the Leaf Can bus using KCD and I built a man in
the middle for the LBC controller with can4python. It turned out fairly
ugly because can4python doesn't support multiplex signals.
https://carrott.org/git/leaf-can-utils.git/blob/HEAD:/nissan-leaf.kcd
and
https://carrott.org/git/leaf-can-utils.git/blob/HEAD:/nissan-leaf-mitm.py

I haven't had time to do it, but I'd really like to implement multiplex
signal support in can4python so I can simplify the mitm.

I'm not sure why so many open source can bus efforts have been abandoned
before they're fully done.