[Ovmsdev] Open Vehicles clone of Espressif's ESP IDF

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Oct 23 10:04:32 HKT 2017

I’ve just updated the developer’s guide with a change regarding the github path for Espressif’s ESP IDF.

We’re now suggesting people use the Open Vehicles clone of this, at:

https://github.com/openvehicles/esp-idf <https://github.com/openvehicles/esp-idf>

Not much difference between that and the Espressif master repository, but we have made some small changes for memory debugging, to make things easier for what we need to do. Also, if we find any bugs in the ESP IDF, we can make fixes directly ourselves (without waiting for Espressif).