[Ovmsdev] Higher resolution events

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sun Nov 26 13:38:50 HKT 2017

Hi,

To implement the Leaf's remote climate control, I need to send a frame,
wait 50ms and then repeat another frame every 100ms for 25 repetitions.

On the v2 hardware I implemented this with a 50ms delay and the
ticker10th function. I wasn't able to find any delay functions in v3 so
either I didn't look hard enough, nothing needs one, or busy-waiting
isn't the right thing to do. Ticker10th isn't implemented. I could
refactor the existing ticker task to fire 10 times a second instead of
once per second, or I could register a new task for the climate control
and cancel it after the the 25 repetitions. Or maybe something else
altogether is appropriate?

Thoughts?