[Ovmsdev] Random Crashes

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sat Nov 18 09:57:59 HKT 2017

Hi,

I've got the my v3 OVMS plugged into a car using the hologram sim and
cell network for connectivity. I'm updating the odometer metric with the
monotonic metric and made the attached graph. I'm assuming the ovms has
rebooted each time the graph goes back to zero. The actual connectivity
seems pretty good as there aren't many jumps in the graph where data was
not being updated on the server, the most obvious one being just before 4am.

I think the y axis might be in tenths of a second, as it's only been
sending this data for a little less than 24 hours, which is only 86,000
seconds or so.

Is it possible to write the logs to an SD Card so when it crashes I can
inspect what happened?

Otherwise I'll leave it on my desk plugged into my laptop for a while
and see if it reproduces there -- the only difference would be the power
supply so I'm guessing it will.

thanks.