[Ovmsdev] DEMO vehicle

mr23 at comcast.net mr23 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 9 11:47:42 HKT 2017

Miles per kWh ?5.0 is pretty good. 3.3 is winter.Filter the instantaneous so out doesn't jump around too much and distract.Alternate is/with trip average.Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device
------ Original message------From: Greg D.Date: Wed, Nov 8, 2017 9:26 PMTo: Mark Webb-Johnson;Cc: OVMS Developers;Subject:Re: [Ovmsdev] DEMO vehicle

    Yea!  Humming along just fine.

    Question to the larger audience:  As a default, what metric should
    the ECU Simulator map to the Fuel Flow display element?

    Most HUDs have a default display for fuel consumption, often in
    Liters/hr (or configurable to that).  The scale and # of digits is
    limited - mine has a range of 0 to 19.9.  I was originally thinking
    something power-related would be appropriate, but none fit in the
    display's range, and doing hokey things like scaling by 1/10 fail a
    cursory usability test.  I'm thinking a useful display, both for use
    and as a verification of function, would be to display the metric
    v.b.12v voltage.  How does that sound?

    Note that the individual elements can be re-mapped by command
    (config set obd2ecu.map  ), and these
    values are stored in flash and automatically loaded when the obdii
    ecu is started or reloaded.  I'm just wondering what the default
    should be.  The other pre-loaded default PIDs are RPM, Speed, and
    Coolant Temperature (which is mapped to Motor temp).  One can change
    any of these, and/or add more as desired.

    Thanks,

    Greg

    Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:

      Try this:

          OVMS > wakeup
          Vehicle has been woken

      it’ll jiggle, but not much else.

      Would be nice to have it drive around the streets.
        But following roads may be a little bit tricky.

      Regards, Mark.

            On 9 Nov 2017, at 4:45 AM, Greg D. <gregd2350 at gmail.com>