[Ovmsdev] DEMO vehicle

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Nov 8 20:03:00 HKT 2017

I’ve been working on a DEMO vehicle in the firmware. This is enabled by:

vehicle module DEMO

The idea is that this vehicle exercises all the metrics in a logical way. It can simulate driving, charging, and sitting idle. Along with the ‘metric set’ command, it can be used to demonstrate all the different modes. It works something like the ovms_democar at the server-side, but runs on a vehicle module itself.

It is intended to be used by firmware developers for testing their functions. Things like ovms_server_v2 and ovms_server_v3. Also, stress testing on the bench (without requiring a vehicle).

Functionality is basic at the moment, but it is working. I should be able to finish the last parts of ovms_server_v2 now.