[Ovmsdev] v2 android clients crashes while v3 is charging

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Thu Nov 2 16:57:54 HKT 2017

I found that the android client crashes when my leaf with v3 hardware is
charging. This is because it expects integers for some values and throws
NumberFormatException parsing if it encounters a floating point string.
The AsString() method on float metrics returns a floating point string
and we have a bunch of metrics that used to be integers but are now
(correctly) floats.

I've sent a pull request with one possible solution
https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/6
but I'm pretty sure it's the wrong solution. I added a special case unit
conversion to integer, but having done this I think an
AsIntString(default, unit) method on the floating point metrics would be
a more appropriate api. As I've written it, you can't combine a unit
conversion and a rounding to integer.

Thoughts?

I also sent another pull request for a minimal implementation of the
charger state related values in the v2 protocol, and some small leaf fixes.