[Ovmsdev] A promiscous wifi client

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Tue Nov 21 15:57:36 HKT 2017

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017, Stephen Casner wrote:

> It seems that it would not that difficult for mg_send() to use a
> no-wait select() to check whether the socket is available for writing,
> and if so, to proceed with actually sending it.  This could block if
> the buffer space in the network stack is less than what mg_send() has
> accumulated, but in most cases it would not block.

I've gone ahead and implemented this change to Mongoose because
without it the SSH connection can suffer a badly formed packet and
hang due to running out of dynamic memory.

I have completed and committed the changes for the Telnet and SSH
consoles to no longer create any tasks of their own but instead to run
as part of the NetManTask.  When there is no connection, this only
saves about 1KB because I needed to bump up the stack size for the
NetManTask to avoid overflow with the additional complexity of
executing the console command code.  However, when an SSH connection
is established, the reduction in RAM using is about 7KB.

                                                        -- Steve