[Ovmsdev] Leaf Updates

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sun Nov 19 10:46:38 HKT 2017

Hi,

I ported over support for Gen 2 Chargers and polling for the battery Ah
capacity and the "Hx" value in
https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/9

3 Questions:

In v2 we checked whether transmit mode was enabled, I'm not seeing
similar logic in the Telsa Roadster module. I've commented out the
checks in the leaf code for the time being.

In v2 I abstracted the hardware interactions necesary to write to the
canbus into a function void vehicle_nissanleaf_send_can_message(short
id, unsigned char length, unsigned char *data). In v3 we call
canbus::Write(const CAN_frame_t* p_frame). Do we want to add a similar
simpler "send to this buffer with this can id" method to the canbus
object? The Leaf doesn't use any of the extended can features so a
simple interface for the simple case seems to make sense. For the moment
I've implemented it within the leaf codebase, see void
OvmsVehicleNissanLeaf::SendCanMessage(uint16_t id, uint8_t length,
uint8_t *data) in the pull request.

I've also porting over the remote command features, I like the interface
presented to the car modules to implement these. I need to wait until
tomorrow to test these on a real car so haven't sent a pull request yet.

I'm very close to finished on porting the leaf support!