[Ovmsdev] OVMS V2.5 production / Renault Zoe support

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Tue May 2 10:15:24 HKT 2017

I’ve seen quite a few of these OBDII-plugin devices in recent years. Not just HUDs, but insurance company driving behaviour monitors, dongles, etc. While most modern cars provide at least some standard OBDII PID support (such as speed, fuel level, etc), Tesla have been notable in their absence of any such support.

Navdy, Exploride, Hudly, Garmin HUD, iScout; none work with Tesla cars.

Software wise it is quite simple to do. The only issue I see is dedicating one CAN bus port to this (but we’ve got three). On some cars, it might be possible to multiplex this on top of an existing CAN bus (so long as there is no conflict on the CAN IDs used or bus speed).

Regards, Mark.