[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3 First Board Layout

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Thu Mar 30 17:54:43 HKT 2017

Looks interesting.

But what would happen if the input voltage was 5V (USB)? Would it still be able to output both 5V and 3.3V? From my recollection, Vin always has to be above Vout by some amount (depending on current), due to internal resistance in the buck converter as well as maximum duty cycle. That said, I think a bypass may resolve that where in USB mode we just take the 5V direct from USB.

Regards, Mark.