[Ovmsdev] V3 take 2

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Thu Jun 29 03:55:12 HKT 2017

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:

> Realised I forgot the comparison pictures to OVMS v2. Taller,
> narrower. Height about the same.

I'm particularly impressed that after all the discussion about area
versus height tradeoffs the height result (for the most common case)
is about the same as for v2.  Since I will be upgrading from v1, I
guess there may be reductions in all dimensions, or at least not much
increase.

> > Is it wrong to look at a circuit board and glow with pride? I’m
> > genuinely proud and happy with the way this is working out. Even
> > the firmware looks much more elegant.

Not at all.  I considered a board that I made recently to be pleasing
not only because it functioned correctly but also aesthetically.

I'm looking forward to being able to contribute on the firmware
development front.  Too bad the framework was not in place earlier to
allow getting a head start with the DEVKIT-C board.

                                                        -- Steve