[Ovmsdev] V3 size and arrangement

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Jun 12 09:32:53 HKT 2017

The Saleae software is pretty cool. It supports SPI, CAN, etc. Full list of protocols is:

SPI, I2C, serial, 1-Wire, CAN, UNI/O, I2S/PCM, MP Mode, Manchester, Modbus, DMX-512, Parallel, JTAG, LIN, Atmel SWI, MDIO, SWD, LCD HD44780, BiSS C, HDLC, HDMI CEC, PS/2, USB 1.1, Midi

Triggering is the only let-down - it is pretty basic and just on level transitions.

I use a US$10 clone with 8 channels and sampling up to 24million samples /sec. I really should buy something better, but that works great for me on the relatively low-speed embedded protocols. 1MHz stuff like CAN is no problem.

I’ve also messed around with Sigrok <https://sigrok.org/>, which is pretty cool and supports the Saleae analyser clones.

Regards, Mark.