[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3 framework on GITHUB

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Jul 3 14:21:34 HKT 2017

I feel your pain. The board I have is working fine - but I just need to be 100% sure we can get the power consumption down to near-zero in a deep sleep, before I ask China to build a bunch. I don’t want to deliver boards to you that need hardware modification in the long-term.

For that, I need to get all the peripherals to sleep, and for that I need SPI working, and for that … you get the idea. I’m close. MAX7317 SPI is now working, so I’m now on MCP2515 SPI (which is a lot more complex, as it relies on the unified CAN framework and that means esp32can library).

Anyway, I’ll know maybe tonight / tomorrow whether the SPI peripherals can be powered down. That just leaves the CP2102 (USB/UART) and BTS452R. I originally thought the problem was with the CP2102, but that seems to be only 5mA of the problem. We’re also seeing 20mA on the BTS452R, but that makes no sense at all (as it is just a smart mosfet++).

If there any hardware gurus here who want to look at the circuit layout and tell me what’s wrong with the BTS452R arrangement, I’ve attached the latest layout diagram.