[Ovmsdev] Open Source Renault Twizy?

Julien “JaXX” Banchet jaxx at jaxx.org
Thu Jan 5 04:21:15 HKT 2017

Hi Nikki & all!

OSVehicle has been around for a while… I do believe they are trustworthy… if they ever get anything in the pipes

But I just have the odd feeling that, at the meeting me and a friend had with the EV Program Director at Renault’s R&D center back in September, they where probably already partnering, and the “Oh, that’s a great idea, we’re gonna look into it!” they gave us when we mentioned open-sourcing the platform was tainted in some way… (I do admit, I think everyone was busy in their corner and there hasn’t been much of a followup, but still)

Oh well… big ol’ usual… when you think you’re bringing new ideas, you just end up in front of huge wall control-freak industrials

JaXX./.