[Ovmsdev] Framework V3.1

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Wed Jan 4 06:55:45 HKT 2017

On 03/01/17 00:44, Michael Balzer wrote:
> As you may have seen, I submitted a rework of the network framework
> yesterday.

The experimental firmware doesn't build anymore -- there isn't enough
space during linking. I removed some of the other cars and it builds
again, do we need to split the experimental configuration in two?

At the weekend I rebased onto master immediately prior to your changes
and then managed to mess up my OVMS while doing some development, I
haven't looked into what happened but I saw garbage messages relayed
through the server, the OVMS android app crashed on startup (sorry no
logs), many "Vehicle authentication failed" messages by email and also a
"Vehicle is stopped turned on" via SMS and email (I'm using Dexter's
server which sends me emails sometimes).

I'm not sure if I ran some bad code of my own or if I fell victim to the
buffer problem you've hopefully fixed. My OVMS has been very solid for
the last 6 months or so, but I haven't taken any updates until the weekend.

I'll read out the EEPROM and test with your updated framework tomorrow.