[Ovmsdev] SIM808/SIM908 GPS accuracy

Edward Cheeseman cheesemanedward at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 14:59:45 HKT 2017

Hi Mark,

I only found this out because I read the C18 user manual.
Something it has that I haven't seen before is a “long short” - a 24bit signed integer type! (also an unsigned long short too)

I’ve made a spreadsheet which was the basis for the math.
I will try with Mac gcc. Part of the fun is gcc (64bit) will have a vastly different idea of what an int is compared to C18 (8bit)!
I’ll have to change data types between the two compilers.
The “uint8_t” style declarations don’t seem to work - I haven’t found a C18 stdint.h header. I prefer these to remove this sort of ambiguity!

I’ll let you know how that step goes.

Edward