[Ovmsdev] CANopen master framework

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sat Dec 30 04:23:06 HKT 2017

Hi everyone,

I've extended my CANopen master implementation from the Twizy module to become a general service on v3.

I've had some looks at existing other open source CANopen frameworks, but neither of them fulfilled my wishes regarding API, FreeRTOS integration and IPC. As
framework integration was about to be the largest part of the v3 adaptation anyway I decided to do this from scratch.

It's only been tested on my Twizy (SEVCON Gen4) yet. It's the only CANopen device I have access to, so I'd appreciate some more tests with other CANopen devices.

Some first documentation is under canopen/doc, I'll add to this as necessary and also will add some section to the developer manual.

https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/tree/master/vehicle/OVMS.V3/components/canopen/doc

Audits & comments are welcome.