[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3 Release Candidate

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Aug 23 16:53:14 HKT 2017

FYI: RC1 board, layout, and as it fits in prototype 3D printed case.

China guys say it all checks out. I’ll have it in my hands any day now (just waiting for minor fit changes to enclosure), and then can confirm from my side.

I’ll then give the go ahead for a small production run of developer boards. These will be fine for development, and later should be fine to go into cars, but there may be differences between these and the final production boards.

If you are interested in helping out with development / porting vehicle support, and want one of these early boards, please could you eMail me personally to mark at webb-johnson.net <mailto:mark at webb-johnson.net> with the following details:

Contact eMail address
Full name
Postal address
Postal contact telephone number
What area of the firmware are you willing to help out with
Whether you want a prototype 3D printed case now (or we can send injection moulded case later when ready)
Whether you want a modem board now, your preference for 3G or 4G, and if so what 3G AND 4G frequency ranges your cellular provider uses

(That is private information, so please don’t reply to this mailing list - send to me privately).

I am not sure what the pricing will be (I’ll confirm nearer the time), so nothing committed yet; just trying to get an indication of interest. I am tying to arrange some sponsorship for this, for the first few boards to go free to developers who have done the most for the project; so if you can commit to do something specific, please let me know.

Regards, Mark.