[Ovmsdev] OVMS v2 Memory/Settings Corruption

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Fri Nov 25 08:56:09 HKT 2016

$ perl -e 'printf "%08b\n",ord("5");'
00110101
$ perl -e 'printf "%08b\n",ord("k");'
01101011
$ perl -e 'printf "%08b\n",ord("8");'
00111000
$ perl -e 'printf "%08b\n",ord("Z");'
01011010

Strange. Seems more than a simple bit flip. I haven’t seen this myself, or heard of it much from other users.

Is the Twizy code using EEPROM for anything other than settings storage? I know that there are a very limit number of write cycles into that EEPROM space.

I did some googling, but all I can find is corruption during writing (either power down, or interrupt during write). But, for our case of very very rare EEPROM writes, that shouldn’t be an issue.

Regards, Mark.