[Ovmsdev] OVMS v2 Memory/Settings Corruption

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Fri Nov 25 05:47:39 HKT 2016

Hi Julien,

I was lucky to get my charger exchanged just before end of warranty,
it's definitely better with the charger keeping the 12V battery up.

Tough situation when parking underground. The module may use a lot of
energy if the GSM and GPS situation is bad. Switching off GPRS and GPS
should save a lot of power then. I'll have a look at it.

Have you tried switching off GPRS to see how much that will help?

The EEPROM data loss is a known issue, and I'm afraid there's nothing we
can do about that. It seems to be a bug in the PIC18.

Regards
Michael