[Ovmsdev] Storing Calibration Data

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Tue May 3 19:12:58 HKT 2016

On 05/03/2016 05:25 AM, phil hochstetler wrote:
> One more twist is that 2016 models (SV and SL) have the 30kWh battery
> (not the 24).  Lots more gids so going to a gid based scheme is good
> as long as you don't think 281 is the max number of gids.  My 2016
> Leaf SL will charge to 363 gids.

I've made the "maximum gids" value configurable when in fixed gids SOC
mode. In sinking lid mode, the firmware will work it out by itself
(because it uses the largest gids value seen).

The different battery sizes don't make a difference to the range
calculations because they're based on the current gids and a miles per
gids constant. I made that constant configurable so you can fiddle with
it to suit your model year and situation, though driving a few km/h
faster on the motorway probably makes more difference than the model year.