[Ovmsdev] Activating a sleeping Gen 1 Leaf

Collin Kidder collink at kkmfg.com
Sat Mar 12 21:16:41 HKT 2016

The Gen2 does wake up based on a CAN message. I have captures that
show that message being the very first thing over the wire and then
the car wakes up and a ton of messages begin to flow. But, I haven't
tried directly injecting that message to see if I can wake the car up
via the message. It is, however, supposed to work that way. I'll give
it a try when I get a chance.

I actually have both a 2012 and 2013 Leaf so I can do tests for
differences. I'll get a capture from both and compare to see if there
is a good way to distinguish the two over CAN. The CAN data decoded on
mynissanleaf shows things that only exist in one or the other so it
should be very possible to figure out which one you're in.