[Ovmsdev] Source Code Formatting

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sun Mar 27 21:20:26 HKT 2016

The original code was written in Whitesmiths style, with 2 spaces (not tabs). That is my preferred style, but it is damn hard to find an auto-formatter integrated to an IDE that will support it perfectly. The MPLAB-X IDE does a reasonable job. Short description:

2 spaces indent
convert tabs to spaces
braces on their own lines

The vast majority of the OVMS code follows that.

I’ve tried to export my formatting preferences, and attach here, but not sure if it works or not. The whitesmiths.zip is just the formatting editor part of my preferences, and the whitesmiths.zip is my entire preferences. I can’t see the name ‘whitesmiths’ anywhere in the exported ZIP files, so really not sure if this export feature works or not.

Regards, Mark.