[Ovmsdev] Activating a sleeping Gen 1 Leaf

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Wed Mar 9 17:35:28 HKT 2016

Quick update,

I contorted myself into the driver's foot well of my right hand drive
Japanese domestic manufacture 2012 gen 1 Leaf and unplugged the TCU. I
can confirm that connecting pin 1 (battery +ve) to pin 11 (EV System
Activation Request) causes a beep from the front of the car and a few
relay clicks. I didn't try to activate climate control to confirm that
it works, I'll try that later this week and if it does, hook it up to
the OVMS. Splice into the loom in the cramped conditions under the
dashboard won't be fun. I wouldn't be totally surprised if the TCU does
the charge timer wakeup, so preserving the existing circuit is a good idea.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=438109#p438109 says the Gen
2 Leaf doesn't need this circuit, and the same source describes CAN
message to do the wakeup. If anyone wants to test that I can add that
message to see if it works.

Has anyone seen a message on the EV CAN Bus that would distinguish a Gen
1 from a Gen 2?