[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3 - Microcontroller

Julien (JaXX) Banchet jaxx at jaxx.org
Tue Feb 2 17:43:12 HKT 2016

On 02/02/2016 10:24 AM, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:
> Oh, and also important to bring out some expansion via sockets on side
> of case. In particular for digital I/O.
Yeah, things need to come out :-)

I had something like this in mind:
http://www.rtd.com/IDAN/IDAN_selection.htm

Of course, at a smaller cheaper scale, Two rows of single pins leaving
two borders free for connectors, maybe plastic frames that people will
drill themselves for their 2$ OVMS expansion Protoshield (think :
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/7914 ), or, simply optionnal framing
at all, just need to keep nylon spacers
We can even imagine 1U and 2U heights :-)

Wild thought : Would it be totally crazy to have it in Arduino sizing
and separating the CPU (+BT/Wifi if ESP32) and the Power+Can in two
boards for easier replacement, and broader attraction to tinkering ?
CAN components end up more expensive than a handful of ESP8266 (Sorry,
French exageration), but CAN is robust and is not likely to change
enough before we get to OMVS v4 ... Actually, CAN itself would be a module.

JB./.