[Ovmsdev] C2DM is deprecated, no new sign-ups

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Tue Oct 27 17:14:54 HKT 2015

As Mark wrote, for GCM I needed to switch to the
latest Android SDK and support libs, which
introduced all kinds of API deprecation and
compatibility problems.

It was necessary to replace ActionBarSherlock by
the support libs ActionBarCompat and to update the
maps extensions lib.

The App now builds and starts again (on Android
5.1, need to test other versions), but is not yet
usable.

My next todos:
- Maps integration is broken and crashes
occasionally now (it seems this was done wrong
from the beginning)
- ActionBarCompat does not support a progress
indicator, need to implement one
- GCM integration
- Fix ActionBarCompat & App theme styling
- Android 2.3 tests

There are still lots of API deprecation warnings
remaining, which hopefully don't all need to be
fixed right now...

Am 23.10.2015 um 16:42 schrieb Michael Balzer:
> I should be able to do the App side, currently
> reading the docs.
>

> Am 23.10.2015 um 16:32 schrieb Mark Webb-Johnson:
>> Yeah, and the ClientLogin auth service just
>> went down as well.
>>
>> Need help on the App side for GCM. The server
>> side I can probably handle.
>>
>> Regards, Mark.
>>
>>> On 23 Oct 2015, at 9:33 PM, Michael Balzer
>>> <dexter at expeedo.de <mailto:dexter at expeedo.de>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I knew about the todo, but I missed the deadline:

>>> ...and it seems this just happened, Android
>>> push notifications are no longer working.
>>>
>>> Anybody familiar with GCM?
>>>
>>> I'll have a look...
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Michael