[Ovmsdev] Android App beta test V3.11.0 (GCM push notifications)

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Tue Nov 17 06:41:31 HKT 2015

It's now also possible to send push notifications to Android devices
from your own OVMS server.

You'll need the current server version 2.2.1 and the current App version
3.11.1.

App 3.11.1 developer release APK is here:
http://dexters-web.de/f/tw/OpenVehicleApp-release-3.11.1.apk

The server/README describes how to register your own GCM sender id. The
new App version allows to specify a custom GCM sender id per vehicle.

Tests & feedback are welcome.

Btw: server V2.2.1 also adds a timestamp to the GCM pushes, so
notifications will now show their server-side send times instead of
their receive times.