[Ovmsdev] Need help with CAN-polling.

Geir Øyvind Vælidalo geir at validalo.net
Mon Nov 16 02:53:17 HKT 2015

Hi guys,

I have a problem with getting the OVMS to fetch TPMS data from my Kia.

This is what I do to get the data using ELM327 and a “terminal” on my iPhone:

	>atcra 7de
	OK
	>21 06
	7DE 10 22 61 06 00 25 A7 CB
	7DE 21 00 37 00 00 00 25 3E
	7DE 22 93 00 37 00 00 00 25
	7DE 23 9D F5 00 37 00 00 00
	7DE 24 25 3F 65 00 37 00 00

It returns the data I need, but when I add this to the poll-list in OVMS:
	{ 0x7df, 0x7de, VEHICLE_POLL_TYPE_OBDIIGROUP, 0x06, { 60, 10, 0 } }, // TMPS
I get no response :-(

I’ve tried different module id’s but I don’t quite understand which one the ELM uses. I’ve added several other polls without any problems to the Kia code, and I’m pretty sure the problem isn’t in the poll0-code, as i’ve only added a case 0x7de, and it never seems to trigger.

Any tips or ideas?

Best regards,
Geir