[Ovmsdev] Kia Soul EV version 0.1

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sun Nov 1 05:20:08 HKT 2015

Welcome Robert :-)

Basic setup of the Kia firmware is the same as for other models. So you
can follow the Roadster guide or one of the Twizy guides first.

You wrote to me you got the module from a friend, so you should first
flash once without preserving EEPROM to get a clean config to start with.

Follow Marks link to the support FAQ if you get stuck in the config
process. To diag LED flash codes, also take a look at the state machine
diagram in the main docs folder. If you need help, describe exactly (!)
which doc you've been following and what you have done so far.

If you're stuck at 10/9... maybe you should first check if the SIM card
has contact.

Kia V0.1 only reads some first status messages and obtains the VIN if
you enable CAN write access (FEATURE 15 1). I've currently got one
positive and one negative test feedback for this version.

Would be great if you could also check V0.2 -- it's in my account on github:
https://github.com/dexterbg/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System
...hex:
http://dexters-web.de/f/kiasoul/OVMS-KiaSoul-0.2.zip

This _should_ be able to show some first OBD diag data dumps (DEBUG 1 /
5)... as I don't have a Kia, I need qualified beta test feedback.