[Ovmsdev] Fwd: Re: App for Windows Phone?

Christopher Cook christopher.cook at webprofusion.com
Thu Jun 4 14:23:46 HKT 2015

Agreed that cross platform has compromises but boring is a relative term
and a good UI designer (or a developer with a good style guide) can
pretty much overcome that.

Cross platform comes into it's own when you lack the development
resources to build native for each platform.

UI Options include:
- Xamarin Forms (may be good enough for what OVMS needs).
- NativeScript (https://www.nativescript.org/) is a new variation on the
same idea and like Xamarin it claims to give access to platform specific
features, if required.
- Cordova (basic framework for HTML/JS based apps)
- Ionic - based on Cordova but provides a UI framework using AngularJS.
There are several other frameworks which build on Cordova.